As our young learners start their exciting formal learning adventure we support them every step of the way.
At Junior Grammar, Prep and Year 1 students start in our warm and inviting Brockwell Gill Foundation Centre.
The Centre, which sits adjacent to our Mavis Parkinson Junior School Centre (Years 2 to 6), offers a safe, secure facility where your child can transition smoothly into their first years of formal schooling.
Our teachers give your child more attention in every lesson, every day. They love what they do and are proud of what their students achieve.
Our personalised approach to education ensures we are meeting the exact needs of our students and they are always making positive progress.
Our boys and girls are immersed in a fun and challenging academic curriculum that includes:
- Individual Academic Learning Plans
- Early reading skills
- Literacy and Maths Groups
- Higher Order Thinking Strategies based on the Dimensions of Learning Framework
- Specialist lessons by specialist teachers in specialist classrooms for Chinese (Mandarin), Art, Drama, Music, Dance, E-STEAM (Entrepreneurship, Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics), Physical Education and Library
- Digital Technology
- Opportunities for learning support both in the classroom and with our Learning Support teacher
Our boys and girls are busy, challenged and engaged. They are encouraged to follow School and classroom rules through a rewards system that is focused on positive reinforcement and the personal satisfaction of good work and behaviour.
The Foundation Centre is well resourced and has its own play spaces where our youngest School students forge friendships, build confidence and strive to be the best they can be.
We are proud of our supportive, family-friendly School community and welcome parents into our classrooms at any time.