Junior School Centre
Our purpose-built Mavis Parkinson Junior School is home to our boys and girls from various year levels, the Junior Grammar Reception and Administration, our comprehensive Angela Geertsma Junior Library and the Bright Sparks Workshop.
In Junior School our boys and girls continue to thrive in an inspiring community guided by enthusiastic, highly experienced teachers who love what they do.
Junior Grammar’s rigorous academic curriculum continues to focus on building numeracy and literacy skills. It also caters to a wide range of learning styles and interests including:
- E-STEAM (Entrepreneurship, Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics) lessons from Pre-Prep to Year 6
- Balanced and age appropriate pedagogies
- Opportunities to engage in Inquiry Based Units of Learning
- Specialist lessons for Chinese (Mandarin), German, Art, Drama, Music, Dance, E-STEAM (Entrepreneurship, Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics), Physical Education and Library
- Dedicated digital and design technologies lessons and teacher
Notice: Undefined variable: counter in /home/juniorgrammarcom/public_html/wp-content/themes/ijg/panels/table_panel.php on line 10
Notice: Undefined variable: counter in /home/juniorgrammarcom/public_html/wp-content/themes/ijg/panels/table_panel.php on line 25
Opportunities for intervention and extension are available both within and beyond the classroom context.
In addition, our instrumental program sees every child in Years 3 to 5 learn a different instrument (provided by the School) each year, across keyboard, strings, brass and woodwind. Our Year 6 students engage in digital composition.
Each of our spacious classrooms in the Mavis Parkinson Junior School has its own wet area, iPads and laptops for classroom use. The School also facilitates a 1:1 laptop program for students in Years 4 to 6. All rooms are air-conditioned, have interactive BenQ boards and look out over the treetops of our Junior School rainforest.
Our boys and girls learn and adopt the Junior Grammar values. They are encouraged to follow School and classroom rules through a reward and House points system that is focused on positive reinforcement and the satisfaction of good behaviour and a job well done.