The School has streamlined the Junior Aquatics program in recent times, and the introduction of our Learn to Swim lessons is one more step in this process. Children now have an aquatics learning pathway from the water discovery level right through to squad training.
- Learn to Swim
- We offer learn to swim from 4 years and above in our heated 25 m pool.
- All our staff are qualified Learn to Swim instructors.
- Classes are available weekday afternoon from 2.45pm.
- Classes are 30 minutes in duration and contain a maximum of 4 children per class and all students will be assessed and graded into their appropriate class level.
Cost: $150/term for one 30min lesson per week
- Stroke Development is the program that allows for the progression from our learn to swim to our squad program. The focus in this class is the development of all four strokes over a 25 m distance.
- Classes are 45 minutes in duration and are available Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 3.15pm – 4.00pm.
Cost: $150/term up to three sessions per week
IJGS swimming offers squad programs to cater to all levels of swimmer.
- Bronze – Is a straight progression from the stroke development class. This allows for continued development of all four strokes with an increase in fitness and distances.
- Silver – Is for swimmers on the pathway to more competitive swimming, as well as catering to the older swimmer who is swimming for fitness or as a support to other sports or activities.
- Gold – This squad offers swimmers the opportunity to continue all forms of swimming development with a focus on the development of competitive swimming skills. This program will facilitate swimming at club, state and national levels. Programs will be tailored to suit the ability levels, ages and needs of the swimmers. We also provide a land-based strength and conditioning program to complement the swimming program.
Cost: Free of charge to Ipswich Junior Grammar Students.
All swimmers need to complete a swimming level assessment prior to class allocation. To arrange a swimming level assessment email email@example.com.
Bookings can be made via TryBooking: www.trybooking.com/450487.
Time slots are subject to availability.